• November 17Dec 20 - Early Dismissal at 1:00 p.m.

• November 17Dec 3- Boys 7th/8th A teams basketball game at 8:00 a.m

• November 16Nov 28 - 7th/8th A & B teams will play at 5pm

District Showcase

Students had spent weeks, working hard in their classrooms, and their reward was to be able to show off all of it. Weeks of papers, essays, projects, hard work, dedication (and a few headaches and late nights) prepared them for this night. The one night that it was all leading up to. District showcase.

Brianna Brodin, Editor

On April, 6th FISD teachers and supervisors found a way to show off not only students hard work but teachers too. This day they deemed to be a district wide showcase. Dedicated to the hard working students, teachers, and coaches of Ferris Independent School District. For the showcase parents and teachers were invited to the high school to view what students had been working on all year. With live music from the Jr. High Honor Band, and a small concert performed by the Jr.High choir it was an experience that everyone loved.

Most every elective had found a way to participate in the district showcase. Honors’ band worked hard in practice, to perform “Red Cape” and “Old Red Mill” at the showcase just as choir did. Our very own cheer squad performed a small cheer that left everyone with a smile. FFA did their own little run through and Art I and Art II had picked out a few key pieces of glass and portraits to display, G.T. students found a way to display what they had been working on, as did STEM. Choosing to display many of their projects ranging from robots, to life plans, to a moving Ferris Wheel made up of Legos©; even journalism had participated and created a slideshow of pictures from the year.

Even core classes had found a way to show off the best of the best in their classes. History classes had representations of the civil war, and a student preformed play about the underground railroad, while math classes nominated their favorite math lessons, and science had pictures of students dissecting frogs, and doing many different projects. Writing classes were explaining the many different aspects of writing and the many different techniques that they used, and reading classes were there, describing the many parts of stories and put a few of their star checkpoints. Anyone who went can honestly say that there is obviously a lot of variety when it come to Ferris Jr.High.

But to Ferris ISD the showcase was about more than just showing off students work. At the showcase families could just relax and spend time together. Students hung out with friends, looking at the different projects, parents could get information about next year, and many small businesses came out to support our schools. Even STING and BUZZ were there to take pictures with the students, and their families that would last a lifetime.

But alas all great things must come to an end, and students would like to thank someone very special that helped them to get through the year, someone who was there even though most people wouldn’t have thought twice about. Who had spent time away from their families to help us, who were there offering support and showing off students work, our proud teachers were there. Even though many people don’t realize it without them the showcase wouldn’t have even happened, which made the showcase just as much for them as it was for the students. At the showcase teachers spent time catching up with previous students, talking to parents, and even meeting a few future students.